Friday, 13 February 2009

Pete Fowler

Today has been a pretty action packed day i went to two animation lectures at the pheonix in Exeter and a third back at the university with Pete Fowler. The first of the lectures was with 'Redvision' who create CGI and visual effects animation and are responsible for the ITV 1 series 'Headcases'. The Second of the lectures was with the bristol based 'Aardman' who demonstrated a live lip sync with the real life wallace and grommit. To end the day I returned to plymouth for a really great lecture with Pete Fowler, I have been a fan of Fowlers monsterism creations for a few years now but It was really great to hear him talk through his work, I found him to be a real inspiration. Its great to see someone so dedicated and prolific. I particularly enjoyed his lino prints, i think they really take his work away from the clean cut vector style and add alot of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment